DoD chest exploit

Zimak

Arcade Addict
Reaction score
Ok guys, I've been keeping this exploit under my hat until I farmed all that I needed from it. Apologize for that but I'm sure you guys understand.

I figured this out by pure accident last week doing the sabotage mission for one of my alts to get the earring.

Results: Instead of 1 chest it is possible in the end to get as many as 5 chests (if I understand how this works) per mission.

Found totally by accident here is what I did.

3 toons.
1 my shaman who didnt need anything from the mission (anchor)
1 gimp lava toon of a friend that runs the looter macro (third toon needed to get the mission)
1 my tank that only needed the mission success on her counter and the avoid aug
1 (same account as tank) wiz that needed the cursor earing and the aug

Ok so I did the mission on hard, no macro just using /warp target.

When I turned in the item for all 4 chests and the mission updated I /warped to a safe spot in the zone (not the succor spot) with my tank/shaman.

Shaman stayed in mission and HERE IS THE KEY camped out my tank.

Then with my tank camped I logged in my wiz before hailing the guy to end the mission and did a /taskadd and /invite for my wiz, who I had camped just outside of the mission.
Zoned in the wiz and hailed the dude to finish the mission.
Chest popped.
/open
/loot
Got aug and cursor item.
Logged off wiz and logged back on with tank.
When she logged in there was a shiny brand new unopened chest sitting there.
/open
/loot
Got another aug.
As long as all your people were in the mission and had alts they could camp to you could do this for however many toons you needed.

This was not a fluke b/c I did it 2 more times with the same result. One more on normal and one more on hard.

I cant imagine any reason this would not work for any other dod mission.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
you bastard i thoguht we wer friends. see if i get you those ancients runes now. lol
THanks for the info.

Bleh you unseated my top score in Curveball...YOU MUST PAY!

Its ok I'm still Pool and Helo king.

Ah hah! You bastage, I knew someone had to know it. :D

Thanks for posting right after the patch, shows good planning to me :cool:

And thanks for posting this period.

I had thought this was fairly well know (exact same as:
One person in the zone, one person out of it.
Person one(outside zone) says ready to zone in.
While person one is zoning in, person 2 hails the guy, and /opens the chest.
A little after person one zones in, second chest will pop.
The only problem with multiple chests is, the stupid see invis things that pop ebery 2.5 mins could get you.)

There is an easy way to get rid of those see invis mobs also.

When you start the mission run all the way across the field to that cavern area.
/waypoint add safe
Then when mission is done just before you hail the guy to make the chest pop
/warp succor
Wait to get hit once (meaning the see invisers warped to you)
Run like hell to about half way to your safe spot and (have hotkey made) hit your Safe hotkey
/warp wp safe
/fade

After the fade the see invis mobs will stay where you left them in the field and you are free to /warp succor back to hail mob.
Key here is a new see invis warp zombie pops every 2-3 minutes so I was just waiting until I saw the zone spam and new a new one popped giving me a few minutes to safely do all this.

I've never seen the zombies pop if you do the mission right away. I assumed they wouldn't since the altars are summoning them, and the point of hte mission is to hide the dampening stone to prevent this. They are still spawning after you finish the 4 altars? Not for me they aren't

They zombies/spider pop all the time after I hand in all the dampening stones for me...

yea, a zone wide message appears then they pop ... agrovated me many times... I have been done with sabotage for a while but it will suck if they fixed this mission and now we know about the multiple chests..

man you could have shared that info a little sooner :/ i hope it still works.

The zombies pop on a timer independent of the mission.

When I do it, it takes me a while and I watch them spawn on the map. They stack on top of each other and auto aggro you if you are anywhere in the upstairs area. Long as you are in the field you are golden.

As for why I didnt release it earlier, I only held it under my hat for like 12 hours while I got all the toys I needed for my toons. Not like I sat on it for a week.

Ok I give, Curveball is yours. I'll never catch up on that one.

Am I the only one playing Pool, Roulette or Chopper?

To do this mission quickly I made a set of simple hot keys. I use my monk for these sabotage missions. The hot keys are.

1st Hot Key called "Altar 4"
/tar summoning_altar03
/warp target

2nd Hot Key called "Altar 3"
/tar summoning_altar02
/warp target

3rd Hot Key called "Altar 2"
/tar summoning_altar01
/warp target

4th Hot Key called "Altar 1"
/tar summoning_altar00
/warp target

5th Hot Key called "Sabotage"
/stand
/click left target
/doability "Feign Death"

Enter zone and Feign Death.
STEPS:
1) Press the "Altar 4" button.
2) Open inventory and pick up a gem.
3) Then with the gem on the curser and the altar still targeted, press the Sabotage button.

Repeat for each altar. Then type "/tar Sint" and "/warp target".

The entire event takes about 45 seconds.

In the event that you "Fall to the ground" have a "/gate" on a social right beside your "Sabotage" key so you can get out before the spiders eat you alive.

You can do the multiple chest spawn tricks now before the final hail.

Good Luck

Ouch, that sucks :/ Atleast I got all the gear I wanted (and some friends some too)