Council of Nine - Demi Plane Access

Justatest90

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Any good help - we can't seem to beat it can't figure it out :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Every 10% on the main boss an add council guy comes to raid usually warping due to buggy path code atm. Knights agro add quick till a warrior can jump on it. Have raid use veteran resist aa to avoid silence. Disc and burn the first few council adds, as the main boss dps is linked to how many council members are up. The more council adds you kill the easier the encounter gets.

yeah we got it...we had right strat...bad execution. Finally pulled it off about 2 hrs after my post

question.

I have noticed sometimes when one of the council becomes active, I never get silenced... is that due to a resist you think, or the fact sometimes no one dies, or its proximity to named that triggers ae?

wolf form is an immediate aggro on council so u dont have to tag+DA ..makes it ez :D

Any other tips. Doing this atm and need to some help.

Say what's going wrong specifically so people know what you are doing differently. Personally we were wiping on this event quite a few times

Our failures:
- CH rotation was not keeping tank alive
- - we added a spam cleric to tank group and rez'ed tanks if they died

- Council members occasionally didn't get picked up correctly
- - we put a pally at each doorway to tag them earlier

Now we beat it everytime.

Any suggestions on DPS / Healers loc?

Does the DPS switch from Avatar to Council then back to Avatar?

gladimus said:
Does the DPS switch from Avatar to Council then back to Avatar?

Have to. Or you will get a 2nd council member up and that generally means wipe to alot of guilds.

we corner Avatar and council. As soon as you zone in look right. Go inside room and instantly to your left and right on those walls the mobs corner.

first of all...

have a tank speak to that person in nek forest and remove all curse aa's. this means that the tank can use defensive disc instead of evasive, helps a lot when fighting a 6k hitting mob.

fight positioning.

as you zone in, move through arch to the right. stay in this big room.

where the arch is you just walked through is where you tank avatar, have clerics next to where you zoned in to avoid aes, set rampage right, and make sure you have druid ramp healers else you will have loose ramp killing clerics.

every 10% or summit, an add comes active that does ae silence and mana dot.. pull these mobs with knights and pull them into the opposite corner from where you are fighting main mob, use druid/shammy heals on the tanks for these.

do this and win.. its easy :)

My guild has recently beat queen and is working on backflagging. We had a terribly hard time with cot9 because tanks wanted to keep their queen blood obviously since its unsure how many times we will complete the event before moving on. It IS possible to win this with the blood effects on. Warriors can use evasive instead of defensive. Also in regards to the CH chain I don't know if your guild uses pause or not but either way just keep adjusting the chain until its right for your tank. For example when we won the first time 7 clerics on a 2.5 count (25 pause) worked good, now that they had blood on that wasn't adequate. We went down to 1.8 count or pause 18 with 6 clerics on a 18.5k hp warrior with max shielding. Obviously if your tanks are no where near 18k you will need to remove the blood aa's. Keep the add away from healers and the Avatar. As already stated in this thread he does hit weaker as the fight goes on and more councilmen die. If CH doesnt work for you spam healing might work until a few adds are dead then feed up the clerics and work the CH.

It just amazes me that guilds who are actually doing these for progression not just loot would remove AA at all. Expecially from Queen wow....

The event to a guild of anguish level quality imo shouldnt have alot of trouble winning this event in a few tries with them taking the AE.

K i was told wolf form makes un kos to him so the avatar will come to ya. We have the same exact setup but the problem we having is the adds are warping right to clerics and killing them off 1 at a time or the enchanter which is rune the tank over and over to help with the 4 cleric roation. We got 1 shammy on raids cant seem to get 2 be on this raid. 3 druid and 5 clerics. 1 cleric is tossing vie and elixers to cover the in between ch's.

Any suggestions of what to do with the adds?

If adds are killing your clerics, your OT's are not tagging them fast enough. We once had this problem, so we set up an OT at each of the 2 doorways where the adds come from. Whichever door add paths to, that OT grabs it and pulls it in. DPS just switch rooms depending which room the add pathed into.

As for prev. post, wow, I've never heard of clerics using a pause 25, how many clerics do you avg. on a raid? We avg 5-7 total, 2 of which we put on adds, leaving 5ish for main tank. We typically have a 5-man rot(4clr 1dru) at pause 8 or 12 on a 16-17k tank and do a tank-switch when each tank's evasive drops. And me being 5th clr on tank, I'm in the tank group patch healing/refreshing DI/rez/rebuff tanks if they die during fight. Adding me as an add-on cleric to the rotation improved our chances of success ten-fold.

Also, like raddude was saying, if you tanks cannot survive a CH rotation and/or adding on a patch cleric like I do, try using a 5 or so P. Remedy rotation on tank from 100-70%, at 70% do a tank switch toa tank that has fortitude (15sec parry disc) and do CH rotation from 70-0. Obviously it takes a cleric who can handle the switches.

I said when we first did the event we used pause 25, that was when we had 3 main tanks and ran fortitude and then defensive disc switches (no blood AA). Pause 8 on a 5 man CH team is less than 10 seconds for each person to hit hotkey, meaning CH is not going to refresh. But as I said you use whatever works for you. If you can make a 5 man team run a 8 pause then more power to you hehe. Also you mentioned a spot healer on the MT ya thats what we had too, di/vie and elixir on MT as well as spam in addition to rotation.

Now our tanks are running between 17.5k and 18.5k our older ones and we had alot of trouble with it using evasive rot. We used to have 6 clerics a night but recently had one jump servers on us and one switch time zones so now we're getting 1-4 a night like the rest of you =P .

However despite all that we do allow boxes on raids and we do have about 5 people who can box a cleric well. On the nights we really hurt I've ran 2 clerics even 3 before. Now-a-days since I have a shaman box and a enchanter box usually the shaman can help cover the MT while the other shammys focus on their DPS groups.

We just finally finished all our blood raids 2x for reflags after beating queen last month so thank goodness we're 95% flagged now. And 95% of our usual boxers are flagged as well.

Lastly this may sound a bit strange but we've never set up at zone in or anywhere near zone in. We setup in the bottom of the water, in the farthest room in the back. Our off tanks setup in the doorway toward the water and usually the adds path normaly though once had one warp. MT finds a nice wall to park Avatar on and locks him there. CH get a decent range on MT and lock in there. The adds are killed far away from clerics. Once you have a solid CH chain on tanks and adds start dieing the fight will get alot easier.

Also a bonus for those struggling with flags on this event, stop all dots around 15% on avatar, at 5% or a little lower swap anyone out who doesn't need a flag with everyone who does including boxes. We did this twice in the last two weeks that was the only way to get boxes flagged through this and our new recruits without doing it 3 more times. Additionally EMP doesnt lock until you win either, we got a couple of late commers swapped in for flag at end of that one as well.

Last edited: