Emperor Draygun - Demiplane Access

WickedMofo

Banned From KEQ Never EQ!
Reaction score
Well my previous guild managed to do this guy, but new guild is having tizzes with this mob and going OOM before he is even 85% because I think people are not following directions.

How it is supposed to work in thoery....

At 85%, 60% and 35% he will change forms and Emporer Draygun will pop where the adds usually pop. EVERYONE must get off him and kill any ADDS ASAP, if even 1 add lives he powers up (much like OMM if a click was missed, but at least with Draygun you can recover). If anyone damages Draygun while he is in this state (DoT's are a big fuckin No-No), he will regen. So also make sure tank has NO DS. And of course keep killing the adds that pop kinda on a timer in the middle there ASAP. If he regens you start over, but he keeps his power ups, so in essence you will be OOM fast -- this is what is happening at the moment.

Would be interested in anyone elaborating on this strat, because would like to put this guy down already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats our exact strat. No different at all i dont believe. Been so long though since did this.

You guys either have to be not paying attention at all to splits and causing him to regen like hell, or simply killing yourself on power up's. Or your clerics suck badly and just cant heal.

You guys got the strat down. Thats nothing. Now its time to make it work.

Yeah it is funny how even though you have a strat down it is all a matter of execution.

Problem 1 is they are mezzing the adds, and having 1 person tank then jump to the next, I think should be at least 2 OT's AT THE SAME TIME and assist according to your group, get them down faster (problem might be healing). We seem to get all 5 of the adds 50% of the time. Not sure if it is people just not getting there fast enough or what.

Problem 2 is at the specified percentages he still seems to regen even with the MT turning around, with no DS, and supposedly no one damaging him. I have heard that healing Dragun actually damages him during this time, but would swear we tried that once. This regening to 100% is what is killing us, aside from also not killing all 5 adds fast enough-- even with 4 rogues on last night.

When I won this on previous guild I was the ONLY rogue on, and the DPS was fine, also they had more OT's but of course being new in any guild they don't listen to shit from a recent app that has already progressed past something, since it could be an exploit.

I was telling them how during Vishimtar it is a good idea to have a Wizzy cast mass TL at 25% and have that there in case it is needed, as a last resort. (for creeping doom). Well after we wiped twice to him (yes, and he is on farm status), they broke down and guess what ...yeah victory. So worried about SoE nerfing it, yet most guilds I know did that. The problem with Vishimtar is sometimes there are NONE of the Mournful Spirits up and people should just get out rather than cause a wipe.

You guys seem to have some raid issues, that goes beyond just this target and will in the long run cost you. You have listed a big example of it here.

WickedMofo said:
Problem 1 is they are mezzing the adds, and having 1 person tank then jump to the next, I think should be at least 2 OT's AT THE SAME TIME and assist according to your group, get them down faster (problem might be healing). We seem to get all 5 of the adds 50% of the time. Not sure if it is people just not getting there fast enough or what.

The mezzing of the adds is no issue, infact I would tend to think it would be good to free up healers and tanks for more solid DPS. Focusing on 1 mob to kill is not bad. The way your guild goes about it is.

The whole "pick 1 tank to be MA and we all assist him" days are for the past. This method is generally used by lower end guilds still but i dont see many higher guilds sticking to this. You loose much dps on adds while the tank is now switching targets and /taunting for agro while everyone else is waiting.

Have them switch the MA to someone such as a wizard or a rogue or ranger. Infact anyone at all but a tank/healer works really. Now this person can switch targets before the current mob is dead so /assist works instantly for others to follow. Dont set just 1 tank tanking things. Set the whole knight team and have druids/clerics/healers /assist healing off the mobs target to heal them. This will speed up your killing by 1/2 the time your currently taking.

WickedMofo said:
Problem 2 is at the specified percentages he still seems to regen even with the MT turning around, with no DS, and supposedly no one damaging him. I have heard that healing Dragun actually damages him during this time, but would swear we tried that once. This regening to 100% is what is killing us, aside from also not killing all 5 adds fast enough-- even with 4 rogues on last night.

At the very most Draygun should regen about 5-7 percent during these times. Anymore than that and someone fucked up and wasnt paying attention. You are correct though healing Draygun during this time does dmg him. The only type of healing that works are "heals over time" instant casting or ch type heals make him regen even more. We have found out that its not even worth doing this due to us feeling healing our tanks out weighs us healing draygun during this time.

WickedMofo said:
I was telling them how during Vishimtar it is a good idea to have a Wizzy cast mass TL at 25% and have that there in case it is needed, as a last resort. (for creeping doom). Well after we wiped twice to him (yes, and he is on farm status), they broke down and guess what ...yeah victory. So worried about SoE nerfing it, yet most guilds I know did that. The problem with Vishimtar is sometimes there are NONE of the Mournful Spirits up and people should just get out rather than cause a wipe.

We have 0 problem with dieing on vish to no MS's being up. Dont TL either. There are many ways around this, you just got to find them. Rarely rarely ever do we have someone die because they cant find a MS up to hail.

We dont mez them wicked just offtank everything and have two tanks to assist. Even if you do mez you will need knights to jump on the adds to make sure chanters dont get killed from a mez resist. There is a mana drain I think so make sure raid and clerics arn't getting hit by Emp AE when killing adds.

Any dps past 85% 60% 35% heals emp so all dots off at two or three percent before. All dps off at 1% before (so 86% 61% 35%) have the warriors and possibly one or two rogue carefully take off the last percent.

Good luck!

This fight happens to be my specialty.

Set your groups up thusly:

Warrior
Warrior
Warrior
Cleric
Cleric
Necromancer

(this second group is the necro group. Put as many necros as you can into it. I will use the optimal group setting)
Necromancer
Necromancer
Necromancer
Shadowknight
Druid
Wizard

This is your standard DPS group. Substitute whatever MELEE dps, not beastlords, that you have)
Shaman
Berzerker
Rogue
Rogue
Bard
Monk

This is your offtank group.
Magician
Shadowknight
Druid
Paladin
Bard

For the rest of your raid, put all the ranged fighters together to require minimum healing. Honestly, you can do this raid with minimum clerics if you have some druids and shaman. This is an endurance fight, think about the MPG trial of endurance. You need to outlast Draygun while the rest of your raid pays attention.

Having said that, the only group melee DPSing Emperor should be the melee group with the shaman to cure his curse. Everybody else should range fight him, since curing his AE curse takes mana you won't have to spare. Have your rangers mem heals to help out if you're low on healing power.

The necro group is pretty neat actually. Have your necros and sks chain mana tap. Have each necro pick a cleric and pump them the entire raid. Have the necros and sks alternate mindwracking so they spread the mana usage around the group. Draygun is hard to tap, but the adds are very easy. The druid is in that group to heal (just in case) but should have liberal mana from the manawracks for nukes. The wizard is there for big DPS, since their familiars give them a focus that's much akin to being in a bard group. Thus, the wizard will benefit from the extra mana more than from a bard focus.

The offtank group is designed to keep the MT up with max DS on him. You don't want damage shield on the DRAYGUN tank, but you DO want it on the add tank. Have SKs use their dreadgaze spells to aggro the spawns while enchanters lock them. PS, if you snare the adds, they almost never move. Have the SK tank the adds, and the paladin get aggro on his next target. Make the SK assist the paladin to break the next mob so they are working in a team to break mobs that have a plate tank on hatelist.

The adds spawn every 2 minutes and you have around 30-45 seconds to kill them.

When Emperor goes into heal mode, have your tank go into turtle mode. Shield in offhand, wand of imperceptibility (insert NO DAMAGE mainhander item in place of wand). Emperor will regen off riposte damage.

Obviously, no damage over time spells on Emperor at all.

Pin Emp in the inner left corner when you rush in. With the tank levitating, run off the ramp, if tank is about halfway up along the wall in corner you can pin Draygun.

Have clerics hide, doubleshrunken, on the inside of the ramp leading up. If they are shrunk and are careful enough, they can stay in range of heals yet avoid the curse.

I recommend a 2 or 3 cleric CH rotation with spamheals from secondary healer classes. I alluded to not using beastlords as melee classes here. You want them range attacking. Have them settle into a paragon rot for the clerics. You will fight Emperor long enough for their paragons to refresh, most likely. Thus, after MGP paragons, have them target the clerics that are using fast heals if any, else the weakest mana-geared clerics, and /tgb their paragons after their MGB is down.

I ignore the healing emotes, it's not worth the hassle to make it work properly. Emperor will regen 10% no matter what during his regen periods, unless you can manage the heal emotes, but honestly I have found it to suck all around.

Goodluck sir : )

Last edited:
I know this is an older event for most of you. So i wont ramble on it too much, The strategy above seem to cover most everything, and hats off to that person. I just wanted to add something I have noticed over our past few attempts on him (we're close to victory) but havent quite pushed him down yet. We seem to get 1-2 "respawns" This either happens very soon after engage, or during the first set of adds. I was curious if this was a bug, or something everyone had to overcome? Its not impossible to deal with, but of course it becomes a pain when your trying to dps adds down, and 1-2 mobs appear out of nowhere and go nuts, since they arent mezzable, they require tanks to move quickly or you lose a couple people here and there.

Ive never had any respawns pop in this instant before. Havent did it in a few months though so maybe it was a change that SoE did on purpose to add challenge. But I doubt that. Sounds buggy. Or perhaps your guild isnt clearing everything on the way down (I dont mean side rooms just mean from zone in streight down to his room) and a mob is warping in on you from agro somehow.

It really sounds like bugs to me.

Just need to kill down the left side , move raid down and wait at his door and clear once raid is set then move in and engage problem is with RL taking to long to set up and engage that you are getting room repops. Usually comes from raid pulling all adds to zone in and killing before moving down to his room

We recently finished the event. And during clears, we cleared down one side and nothing was visible in drayguns room when we began final prep. It just allways seems that 1 or 2 adds pop up out of nowhere. We've had two successfull runs since my last post, and both have had reg shiliskin adds pop up. Like i said it wasnt raid killing, just annoying, because they generally popped up while we were killing the shades and we had to rush a CC over to the clerics to pick it up because thats right where they ran to lol..:rolleyes: