Vishimitar the Fallen - DoN Final Mob

theduck

Fantastic
Reaction score
My guild has been stuck on Vish for a while now. We are a very skilled bunch of folks and normally have np getting a strat down. But for some reason we are having a lot of trouble. Could someone please give me a detailed strat for him? Thanks!

Attachments

• vish.JPG
    vish.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:
The first thing you need to know about this event is that if ANYONE DIES it will spawn "a spirit wraith" for each person that dies. (think uqua) The wraiths stay up for about 60 seconds and hit for around 1600 (if i remember correctly) and knockback hard. This means that you MUST NOT bring people into this event who are not prepared to focus on the fight. EVERYONE must be doing their jobs on this or YOU WILL FAIL. Some may think this is an exaggeration, but i have seen a single Linkdeath wipe a raid, so take caution in this fight. This also means that you need warriors who can take vishimtars hits. (around 4-5k each)

Positioning is very important in this fight. There is a large wall in the middle of the arena with a giant stack of boulders and a hole in the wall behind them. We position vishimtar to the left of those boulders and have the MT corner himself between them and the wall. Have Melee slam him against that wall. (if you put him to the right of those boulders you can push him through the hole and you do not want that )

Vishimtar AE Rampages, tho not very badly.... it is much like yar lirs ramp, kinda neglegable, but enough to keep your healers and casters away from him. He also casts:

Spell Info: Vishimtar's Shadow PB AE 2000', Chromatic (-500)
1: Decrease HP when cast by 1250
2: Decrease Hitpoints by 850 per tick
4: Decrease Movement by 5%
11: Decrease Mana by 5 per tick

When Vishimtar reaches approximately 75% ( i say approximately because it is never the same each time except for the cloud of concentrated chaos) he will start spawning "a tainted egg" in one of 6 places around the arena. (far north, north, in-camp north, in-camp south, south, far south) -- The eggs must be killed within approximately 40 seconds or so (never really timed it) or it spawns "a corrupted drakeling" which will rape the raid. You MUST use blunt weapons. no spells, no procs, no dots, nothing but BLUNT weapons will damage the eggs. (the good news is blunt does a LOT of damage) Eggs will spawn until Vishimtar dies.

Also, at approximately 75% health, vish starts spawning "Incorporeal shadows" which will immediately charge the raid...... DO NOT KILL THESE EVER. they have VERY LOW HP (less than 1000) and even accidental ripostes will kill them very easily. The good news: They dont hit hard at all.
The bad news: They knockback and are not snareable or mezable. IF They die they spawn a LIFEDRAIN SHADOW-- this is VERY hard to recover from, but it can be done. You can offtank or mez the lifedrain. It will eventually depop but while it is up it will hit for 1500s or so. Once lifedrains are no longer in play, vish will spawn another incorporeal shadow. (this means you cant get rid of them, you just have to deal with them.) The way we handle them is we have knights unequip weapons and kite them the whole time.

Now, there should also be "a cloud of concentraded chaos" up also. at this point you should DPS it down to 15% health and mez it, do not mem blur it, or it will regen. Save this for later. (when it dies it casts an ae on the raid that gives full mana/hp.)

At 50% health on vish, he spawns another cloud of concentraded chaos and activates 4 Corrupted Drakes in the 4 corners of his arena. They hit for 800s or so and have a HUGE aggro radius and hit box. The way we deal with them is have paladins offtank them, without damageing them. 2 paladins should be able to hold 2 each, so have rangers drag them to the paladins. Get them debuffed and slowed and have healers on each pally. keep them locked like this and you should not have much issue with the drakes.

When vishimtar reaches 30%, you should kill the cloud of concentrated chaos that spawned at 50%, leave the one that you dpsed earlier alone for now.

Now the killer--- when vish reaches 25%, he spawns 4 "mournful spirits" around the edge of the arena. 45 seconds after that (approximately) he begins to cast:

Spell Info: Creeping Doom Single Target, Unresistable (-1000)
1: Decrease Stats by 120
2: Improved Spell Effect(Creeping Doom Trigger)

He casts this on 4 totally random people. Each of those individuals MUST find one of the "Mournful spirits" and say "shoulder my burden" in a range that the spirit can hear them or they will die in 42 seconds. ANYONE in the raid can get this, and if it is your MT, you must have the ST ready to take aggro from vish. Cast Bestow Divine Aura on the MT when the ST is ready so he can go find a spirit. Other than the mournful spirits, the only way to avoid dieing to the DT dot is to BE DAed when it triggers at 0 seconds on the timer. That means you cannot DA the moment you get it, you must wait till it counts down a bit so the da and the dt overlap each other.

IF you cannot da and you cannot find a mournful spirit, GATE, find a way to exit the zone, DO SOMETHING but DO NOT STAND THERE AND DIE SO A WRAITH SPAWNS . Gate potions can be bought in plane of tranquility.

The last thing you must realize is that VISH is totally unkillable at 24%, he will not lose any life. the ONLY way to get him below that is to get people cured from his dt. Each person that gets cured lets you drop him 1 more %. so you must get 25 people cured total in order to finish him off. There is no "best" time to kill the dpsed Cloud of concentraded chaos, but we usually do it at around 15% when we are not frantically trying to get cured.

This is a VERY quirky raid and you need everyone paying attention the ENTIRE TIME or it will be a quick trip to the guild lobby. Here is my recommended raid structure for the event:

Group 1 - Primary Vish control group

MT
ST
2.0 cleric
2.0 cleric
2.0 SK
Necro

Group 2 - egg team (this team should be on the lookout for eggs and should contain your MA)

MA
Cleric
Shaman
melee dps
melee dps
bard

Group 3 - incorporeal shadow group - kite them without weapons equipped

Knight
Knight
Knight
Knight
Knight
healer

Group 4 - Drake tank group - Skin of the reptile ftw

Paladin
Paladin
Druid
Druid
Cleric
Cleric

Group 5 - Crowd control

Enchanter
Enchanter
Enchanter
Enchanter
Cleric
Cleric

Group 6 - 9 - Support

Some extras:

Your tanks need to be going in with oak and symbol, not conviction. For some reason, oak blocks a deaggro proc from Vishi that conviction (nor any of the virtue line) will not.

Your tanks should also be in channel with the clerics. Obviously you cannot have Warriors kiting Vishimtar all over trying to cure themselves. Use clerics to BDA the warrior with Creeping Doom at 10 seconds remaining on the spell, and have secondary tank ready to take over.

Make audio triggers for the Creeping Doom. "You sense your doom approaching"

NO DAMAGE SHIELDS. The derv adds will die and turn into beatass lifedrinker mobs, which can suck and hurt a great deal. However the tradeoff is they can be mezzed. Better to offtank them though. Pretty sure this lifedrinker info was already posted but can't hurt to be thorough.

Rejekted71 said:
Group 2 - egg team (this team should be on the lookout for eggs and should contain your MA)

MA
Cleric
Shaman
melee dps
melee dps
bard

Group 3 - incorporeal shadow group - kite them without weapons equipped

Knight
Knight
Knight
Knight
Knight
healer

Group 4 - Drake tank group - Skin of the reptile ftw

Paladin
Paladin
Druid
Druid
Cleric
Cleric

Group 5 - Crowd control

Enchanter
Enchanter
Enchanter
Enchanter
Cleric
Cleric

Your post was well illustrated. Ill add my 2 cents how we do the grouping. We differ just a bit but the end result is the same. for group 4 the drake group we choose to Kite them in the south most part of the area rather than tank them. 4 hybrid types + 2 Druids or 1 druid 1 cleric if enough cleric left over.

Group 5 and 3 we combine into 1 group the CC and Crowd control of skellys if any happen to spawn. group consists of 1 cleric 1 pally 2 sk 2 enchanters. For the CC of incorps sk's chain cast dread gaze and other agro spells on them while enchanters keep them runed. Pally group heals and helps watch for skelly spawns. The group healing keeps less agro on the cleric. If pally isnt in this group our clerics always seem to draw insain agro because of healing to much.

Finally group 2. The egg team. We use everyone in the raid for this that isnt assigned a job already rather than just 1 group. We do however put all of our beastlords in a group and let them watch for eggs to spawn. They dont get on vish agro in any form so they can easily self heal. All they do is look for eggs and call it to the raid.

As far as timing on killing cloud of consentrated Chaos. We usually kill 2 of them. 1 at 40-50 percent range. We have dps classes burn all mana up till that point then fire off a cloud. Then again at 25 percent directly before the chaos starts with death touch AE.

For geting cures anyone that has a self DA or something like Purification who can click it and cure the creeping doom does so before ever hailing a Mornful Spirit. This allows people who have 0 possible way of curing themselves to make sure they can cure.

Hope I added a bit of variety to what you was looking for. Again tho, every method posted so far would work just fine.

The Lichs that spawn ( spirit wraiths ) are mezzable by Bards and or Enchanters so can control them for 60 seconds until they despawn.
We usually disc Vishimtar at around 90% to burn it fast down to 50% when the fight becomes interesting.
At 50% the 4 adds need offtanking and debuffed fast. For the eggs we have someone who acts as a spotter and calls out position ie North, South or in Camp. When the Eggs spawn bandolier weapons to blunt and whack it down.
I believe it is resistant / immune to spells / slash / piercers. Blunt weapons seem to do double damage like a bane.
We usually burn 1 cloud at around 40% for ppl who have burned their mana on nukes / heals to get back to Full mana / hpss.
Use Radiant cure or such the AA ability to keep the group cured from Vishimtar's AE. Best way is to either mem RGC ( Remove Greater Curse spell ) or to use the AA ability. Another tip, have 2 priest per group they can alternate the Radiant cure AA ability and keep group cured and still keep nuking / healing etc.
As mentioned above at 24% watch for DT and either cure them by saying to the phrase to the roaming NPC around the platform or gate out. We usually have a wizard AE TL at 24% for melees who do not get in time to say the phrase or if no NPC is up to say "shoulder my burden"
Just keep doing that all the way till it dies.

doesnt he give a yellow text emote when an egg pops? would like the text if anyone has a log of it or has text pls :)

Mrktwiz said:
doesnt he give a yellow text emote when an egg pops? would like the text if anyone has a log of it or has text pls :)

He says something about his children being hungry. I dont recall the exact text. This happens when the egg is supose to hatch. If you dont have egg killed and you see this emote you might as well sit and die cuz your raid is wiped ;p

Something like "Who dare enroach upon the Nest? I must defend the eggs!" some stupid shit like that. It's impossible to miss lol

Each emote is slightly different but they all reference the children in some respect or awakening the nest or just something along those lines.

As a side note if you have the Paladins to do it and I suppose pending the gear level BUT.... 4 Paladins with a slow class can take the Drakes no problem and heal themselves the whole fight. Ward of Tunare and Duration heals with Crusader's Purity and Group Heals is all I ever needed. With DA and Purification I could avoid 2 DT's before I had to run for a spirit.

to rejekted
yeah i know vish has been on the farm list since we first killed him in twothousand5 --my num key is fucked lol dont ask-- just never really went to look for the emote

yea we OT the drakes now. 2 pallies. each get 2 drakes. We have 1 druid heal them both. its ezz

Why dont you dps corrupted drakelings? they repop?

Ech0b0y said:
Why dont you dps corrupted drakelings? they repop?

They spawn from eggs. Which you kill before they spawn. If they spawn they swarm and your raid is wiped.

I meant the 4 that spawn at 50... from the 4 corners

No you can't DPS them down as they respawn after 1 minute of dyin.

they poof when Vish dies.

So just Otank them and be happy.

The deaggro proc, that oak line sposedly blocks, this confirmed?

We have beaten him, just looking for further clarification.

After he hits 25, and the creeping doom goes out, there are 4 people with it, and 4 spirits up to shoulder burdens. Now I noticed at this time his ramp seems to pick up, and I was still able to damage him. Is it every 1pct of his he hits someone with creeping doom, so that it is bad to dps him down any way other than spirits?

Last edited:
each DT cure from spirits unlocks 1% of his HP... so you need 24 DT cures at spirits to kill him, no matter how much damage you do during the last 24% :)

eggs

ok I hate to bring this thread back to life but is there a way to see the eggs spawn I tried to look for them on the map and they dont show up and I also tried mq2targets and added them to my watch list and still they didnt show up, just would like to make sure the raid is looking for them and killing them.