Deathknell - Event 2 - Vertigo

Druid007

Strat Master
Reaction score
This event is in 4 stages. Bats, bats+traps, bats+traps+undead and bats+traps+undead+orcs. Each lasts 5 mins

Raid setup.

Orc group - 4 tanks, 2 clerics
Bat groups - 3 groups, set up like exp groups
Traps - 3 rogues + cleric
Undead - rest of raid

Bats - top level of spiral

Stage 1 - whole raid will be here, need to kill 20 bats in 5 mins
Stage 2 - whole raid minus rogue group - 15 bats
Stage 3 - just bat groups here now - between 5 and 10 bats (dont know number exactly)
Stage 4 - just bat groups again, same as stage 3

Traps - 2nd level of spiral down (IMPORTANT! noone is to run through this room at all after stage 2 started)

Stage 1 - none
Stage 2 - 20 traps disarmed
Stage 3 - 20 traps disarmed
Stage 4 - 20 traps disarmed

(not sure on exact numbers as i am not a rogue!)

Undead - 3rd level down on spiral

These need burnination.. utter dps!!
Have chanters mezz undead on pop, if more than 1 is active you get an ae, and if 3 or more active, the ae is 10k and comes lots.

Stage 1 - none
Stage 2 - none
Stage 3 - 10 undead.. easy to kill all he pops though!
Stage 4 - 10 undead

Orcs - 4th level down on spiral

Orcs are easy, as you do not need to kill them. they are snareable. They just need to be agroed. They soon get bored and fall over. No idea on exact number needed, just agro all and kite or tank.

Vertigo - 30 sec duration evil dot that is cureable with rgc.. if not cure, you get drunk.
Shadowsteps - throughout whole evnt you will get shadowstepped, be carefull not to run through trap room, get coth back up if you are bat groups or jump down a level if undeads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice info Druid. Will definitly help alot when we get there. Thanks !!

Just a note.

You dont actually get shadowstepped you get swapped randomly with any other single person in the zone.

I need a little help for 4th wave (Orcs).

Its posted her 1 group 2 healers 4 kiters to deal with them.

However, this just doesnt seem to work to me. They hit for 3300 each. You have a very small room to kite them in (unless you can move them down to the bell room which i doubt?) and people are geting raped left and right.

Do they fall over after so many times hiting a person or after so long running them around?

I tried to just root one and leave it siting in a corner but that didnt work they dont die that way.

Someone slide me a more detailed hint for orcs please :p

try this.

3 wars, 3 clerics. each cleric pick a warrior to heal, send a slower down as support for the group.

have a warrior stand at each end of the room and one in the middle.

all warriors equip shields.

have first warriors tag and fight first orc. have second warriors tag and fight second orc and have third warrior tag and fight third orc.

now when 4th orc pops, have first warrior swap from first orc to tag this one and fight it, after a little bit the first orc will fall over and die. 2nd warrior then tags 5th orc and so on till you win.

Been trying this fight a few days now with about 45 mains in raid. We are down to working out the orcs but are cutting undead way to close. On wave 3 and 4 how many groups do you have stay on bats? We have 2 stay atm and im thinking that is to many.

Tonight was a bad night dps wise, we have 10 clerics on, I dident even know we had 10 clerics. I was think with our normal 5ish clerics and our full weekday raid this will become trivial.