Everquest-Killing Xounii Shifter

Argo

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Xounii Shifter is a high DPS mob in yxtta that is needed to be killed for the Breakdown in Communications quest. Normally, this mob can wipe multiple groups easy, but I am going to teach you how to solo it. All you need is to be able to summon a steadfast servent.

This mob has many forms, a cavernous lifesipper, a cragbeast bonecruncher,a cragbeast bonecruncher, Tqiv Trusik Fanatic, and Xounii Shifter. It changes form as it wanders around the zone.

First you need to clear an area to kill her, easiest is the primal caves enterence.

When she wanders by Summon your Steadfast Servent, and pull the mob. The mob will immediately agro the servent, and the servent will never lose agro. Xounii Shifter, also cannot damage the servent, so you are free to kill her. *Make sure you do not have any other pets up or they could lose agro and kill you*. She always drops Xounii's Journal Page 1 which is needed for the Breakdown in Communications quest... happy hunting.

That's pretty cool if someone can confirm it. I've never seen anything agro my steadfast servant.

It has been working for weeks, but not sure whether it has been nerfed yet.

It aggroed the druid aura, and chanter aura, and even the servant when we had it up. They never died.

This sorta works, Just tried it solo on a wizard with servant, was able to nuke down to 83% and she got summoned & killed. So there is a set amount of aggro you can't get without being killed.

Will try with wizard again when servants back up, this time with a lot more concussions etc to lower aggro.