Easy Aug Quest - 50mana/hp/end, 15atk, 3FT w/pics

Wayist

Reaction score
50/50 FT3 15 atk aug quest

Orb of Mystic Fury

There is a prequest that starts with Gygun Urulump in Sunderrock, he is close to the Mesa zone, he's a drakkin, he's wounded and laying down up on the first area with the drakes, North EAST of the zone to Mesa. Hail him and he will give you a note to give to Captain Orenu Urulump in Direwind.

Captain Orenu Urulump is located amongst all the Black Legion mobs just before Ashengate zone in, right in the top right corner. He is surrounded by kos black legion mobs but is all alone in his tent and you can hail without agro.

I dont recall the dialogue but the task is called Gygun's Treasure and all it requires is for you to visit Vergalid Mines and locate Gygun's lost treasure.

After zoning into Vergalid go right at bottom of the elevator to the area full of plants (yay a use for our plant nuke/dot) and crocodiles and turtles. Gygun's lost treasure is found in a wooden chest. Its quite easy to see and nothing sees invis on the way. (chest is marked on the map found at http://www.obsservers.com/eq.htm, didnt see it marked on the mapfiend map)

There are a number of mobs close by, feel free to kill if you wish, but mobs, shallow water & spell casting never really worked for me. Any way I just FD'd at the chest, targeted it and typed /open. This not only opened the chest it also looted the item too! It just appeared on my cursor. It also broke my FD so the 3 nearby mobs started beating on me. I just FD'd again. 2 mins later I stood up invised and ran back to Captain Orenu Urulump to hand in the treasure and recieve my aug.

Now a few things to consider. To get to Captain Orenu Urulump in the first place you need to get by the 2 Gate Guardians. Either do the Ashengate Seal quest first. Or wait till someone with the guardian disabeler goes past. You can Harmshield/DA past them as well as they run considerably slower than run 5.

Basically zone into sunderrock
/target urul
/warp target
hail
/hail
accept the quest zone into dire
/target urul
/warp target (dont move to far from target mobs kos)
give note
/say brother
/say valuable information
accept task
/succor
(zone into sunderrock)
(zone into Vergalid Mines)
(look at map right side)
(right click chest)
(have a hot key made that says /open)
with chest targeted
/warp target
/open
/succor
(zone out)
Go back to dire
/target Urul
/warp target
(hand in treasure) get aug

Urul and Chest have an undetermend spawn time, Still waiting for 2nd chest

Here is an easy quest to get a great aug if you have a warp and zone plugin. Orb of Mystic Fury, req level 58, rec level 65 in less than 5 minutes, which is what I did. I was 74 when I did the quest so I'm not sure the minimum level.

First get to Sunderock Springs, target Gygun Urulump, who is down in the SE corner of the zone.
gygunlocationzx1.jpg
gygunpichm0.jpg

Note that if he was recently used for this quest he will be despawned. From the time it took me to do this part of the quest, complete the whole thing and make this post, he was back up, so maybe 20 min respawn. /target Gygun, and then /warp target

Hail him twice, uninvised and you will get a quest to take a note to Captain Orenu Urulump in Direwind. Now zone into Direwind, /target Orenu, /warp target (I would check the map to make sure not a bunch of people are in your area, or up there by the Captain).
orenumapob2.jpg
orenupiccl6.jpg

Note - Captain Orenu Urulump is behind the guardians of the gate and you need to compelte the Ashengate Seal quest if you do not have a warp plugin.

Uninvis at Captain Orenu Urulump and hand him the note. Don't go wandering out of the tent or you will get the smack laid on you by his black legion buddies. Then follow the quest text and when you /say valuable information, you'll get another quest. Accept it. Now zone back to Sunderrock Springs and then into Vergalid Mines.

Once in Vergalid, invis, go down the shaft, hang a right and follow the tunnel till you get to the pools. There will be a heavy wooden chest on the North east side of the pool room.
chestlocation1ub0.jpg
chestpiclq4.jpg

There will be a caiman and a lotus camped next to the chest. Ok, next a made a hotkey for /warp succor, and then while invised, I targetted the chest, typed /open. The chest opens, and Gygun's Treasure Chest pops on your cursor automatically (and anyone in the group that has quest). I immediately hit the hot button to /warp succor, and then zoned out with out getting agro on those 2 mobs.

Ok, now zone back to Direwind Cliffs, /target Orenu, /warp target (again, check map for PC's around you or at the Captain), uninvis and hand him the Gygun's Treasure Chest, complete quest and get Orb of Mystic Fury

Not too bad for 5 min of work. If you don't have a warp plugin, you would have to of completed the Ashengate Seal quest to get to the Captain, plus there are a few see-invis mobs on the way to him in that part of Direwind.

If the pics are too much, let me know and I'll edit them out.

Matt

Last edited:
This is awesome, just did it on my shaman! To bad they dont have one with AC for melee :)

Also did it for my Cleric, SK - both in 5 minutes!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this, did the whole thing in under 10 minutes on a 68 shadowknight, so if there is a minimum level to do it, its lower than 68.

niteowl said:
Thanks for posting this, did the whole thing in under 10 minutes on a 68 shadowknight, so if there is a minimum level to do it, its lower than 68.

Probably the rec level of 58. Just for fun, after I did it on my main, I tried on a 54, and Gygun would not give the quest to him.

htw

Don't throw it

It says in his original post, to /warp to Urul in sunderrock and not to move far. Thats the only way to do it. I tried to be even more lazy and /throw to hail him.. Bad idea. I didnt get the note, and he despawned. You've been warned

Just tried it with my toon, level 59...not able to get it. Gygun won't even respond to my second hail, so min level is above 59. Stupid Gygun....

level 60 cannot get task

Tried it on my 60 wizard and couldn't get task but at 65 you can get it...guess ill lvl up and try it at each level :(

I was unable to get the second part of this quest at 72 tonight. Must have been changed after the patch.

Another Great and Easy quest. Only thing I have to note is that I couldn't /zone into Vergalid, so here's the loc to the door in Sunderock Springs - -913, -1611, 213

Another Great and Easy quest. Only thing I have to note is that I couldn't /zone into Vergalid, so here's the loc to the door in Sunderock Springs - -913, -1611, 213

Wow, nice. Over a year and half old thread rez.

IMO, that's all cool even if they're very old, if the thread is still relevant to today's game, etc. The ones that get brought back that really are just a comment on something old, and of no interest, are the funny ones. :)

But hey, active posters are great, so let's not bash on new guys for posting on threads they want to comment on, even if they are old ones! :)

htw

Also in his defense, the door that /zone vergalid takes you to is the raid instance entrance, not the normal zone. It's been like this for a while, so the new guy is right :)

Im probably doing something wrong, but.... I've tried /open ( chest disapears nothing on cursor) I've tried /inspect ( chest disapears without opening) I've tried right click after dropping invis and only a quick hammer of the /warp s hot key saved my rear. Any helps?

Im probably doing something wrong, but.... I've tried /open ( chest disapears nothing on cursor) I've tried /inspect ( chest disapears without opening) I've tried right click after dropping invis and only a quick hammer of the /warp s hot key saved my rear. Any helps?

same thing.... i open chest and dont get the item.. weird or a update