Yet another easy aug quest with no killing

Dirtynumbangel

Reaction score
This is another quest for a decent augment with minimal effort on your part.

A stonefed chip
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE AUGMENTATION
Augmentation type: 7
Slot: HEAD FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST RANGE HANDS PRIMARY SECONDARY FINGER CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
HP: +50 MANA: +50 ENDUR: +50
Spell Shield: +3%
Recommended level of 70. Required level of 63.
WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
Class: ALL
Race: ALL

Item Information:
You must use the solvent Class XV Augmentation Distiller to remove this augment safely.

This quest starts in Icefall Glacier with an orc named Gnashclaw Stonefed.
He is located in the orc area in the north eastern side of the zone.
You can acquire this quest one of two ways.
You can A; Faction your ass off killing kobolds thus wasting your time.
Or you can B; Shroud to a rogue, sneak hide into the orc caves, stand behind him and drop hide, then as quickly as possible hail and hide again. This will keep the KoS orcs from attacking you, unless you take too long hitting hide, or the server is in the middle of a save.
Ask any experienced rogue about this they can fill you in if you don't quite follow.

Once you are hidden again, Reposition yourself behind the npc, as he will have turned around to face you after you have hailed him.... type out the trigger text, and have it ready to be said, (do not hit enter yet), then drop hide and quickly hit enter to speak the phrase, then hide again.
Keep doing this untill you have the quest.

ok now the easy part. Head over to the port in landing, there are two Kobold caves, The one you need to go into is the one to the east of the port in, not the one on the western zone wall.
Wander back into one of one of the rooms, you will see a large, flatish pile of rocks in the middle of one of the rooms click on it like you would a door. A
Stone will apear on your cursor. They are lore and you will have to deliver one to Gnashy poo before getting another crack rock from the pile for him.

If you happen to have a working version of mq2give you can just use it to hand the stone to Gnashclaw, and then pick up another stone... and so on and so on. Otherwise you're going to have to A; Run it back and hand it in rogue style. Or B; Warp your lazy ass over there and hand it in.

If you do not have MQ2give and MQ2hail, rinse and repeat untill you get to the last stone. Once you are ready to turn in the last stone you should be ready for agro. As Gnashclaw Stonefed is going to become powered up dragon ball Z / PCP addict style, aoe you and thus agro the entire cave on you. You will need to hail him quickly and haul ass to the Valdeholm zone line. Otherwise use mq2give and mq2hail and totally avoid the aoe and agro / training.

And bam the quest is finished, yet another easy aug with no killing involved.

If by chance this guide is confusing to you in any way, feel free to ask any questions you need to.
I am going from memory when I did the quest a couple weeks ago.

GL kids and enjoy

One of the rogue shrouds comes with the Feign Death ability, on a 30 second timer. For those who have worked up their shrouds for no reason, this may be the one time it comes in handy to use.

And thank you for the information. I'm loving these free augs.

I had ment to post a walk through for this a little while ago, but I got wrapped up in some birthdays and then the mad dash for halloween fun. I'm glad you enjoyed the post.

Just an update. This was brought to light by a member of the redguides comunity.

Salemwin of Redguides.com said:
btw you only have to say can help with him targeted to get quest save you the trouble of 3 hides

A big thank you to Salem for the heads up. I couldn't remember the trigger phrase. This is a great help, as it cuts the risk of sneak hide not working due to a server save or lag on the players side, and the player gaining agro to 1/3.

Still there?

Has anyont tried this today? I did it on my warrior last night and it worked fine for 3/4 of the stones. I got on him today and I cant find the stones anymroe its moved, and when I hail him he says ' Gnashclaw hungry for stones no more' and thats it. I have tried hailing him, and tried giving him just the 'trigger' no good. Anyone else having this problem?

Vy

Icefall quests are known to become bugged, just try to finish again in an hour or so and you should be ok.

I posted this on here and redguides, and it has had over 430 views just on RG. so there are a ton of people doing this right now.

Can you link the MQ2give and MQ2hail plug ins? Or, are they part of the latest compile?

Part of the compile

/ubertrade
/saytarget can help

Just attempted

Just tried this quest using saytarget and ubertrade, after i am done with all 4 handins it just says that he is not hungry for stones no more. so i got bugged with it also.

Terin01 said:
Just tried this quest using saytarget and ubertrade, after i am done with all 4 handins it just says that he is not hungry for stones no more. so i got bugged with it also.

Ok the deal is this, once the items are turned in by another player, he has to either A: be killed and respawns in 20 minutes, or B; be left to reset for an hour or two.
The post I made on redguides has over 629 views. So there are a LOT of people doing this quest right now.
Just give it a day or two to die down some. Otherwise we will have a constant state of mass cock blocking.

I did this on all 10 of my toons before making my post, and I never had a problem. Of course I didn't do them back to back. I did it with one toon and went and did some other stuff, then came back later with another toon. So I of course had no idea about the reset timer after someone had completed it; nor did I know it was so easily bugged by 629 + people and all of the friends and guild mates they told about the quest, doing it back to back to back to back to etc......

Just be patient, the quest isn't going anywhere, and you will get it done in the near future ;)
I honestly hope everyone who is having trouble can get it finished soon.
Had I known about the issues with others completing the quest and the npc needing to reset or respawn, I would have posted a warning. Though it has been a bit of a pain, all of this has actually been rather insightfull as to the dynamics of TSS quest npc`s and perhaps other quest npc's who's quests are task based.

GL, and I hope you can all acquire your augment soon.

Dirty ' . '

i got it done

I got it done but found that if you use /saytarget Hail for your last update it doesn't work you actually have to go stand behind him sneak/hide drop hide say hail hide before agro, that got it completed quickly. Nice post great aug.

Respawn

hot_love_bot said:
respawn time on stones?

Respawn on the stones is instant, for me it was just a pile that i clicked on took a stone out of it ran away from kobolds took off hide /ubertrade with Gnash targeted rinse repeat.

Respawn on Stones

Respawn on stones is not instant.. If you go there and the stones are up, sure tyou can click warp turn in pop back get another.. but there are a limited number of stones that can be gotten from the pile before it goes poof.
It's between 6 and 8 tha tI ahve seen. I did this on my main, got all 4 back to back. Then immediately on my alt and only got 2 before it poofed. So it could be only 6, or someone may ahve been getting stones before and while I was getting mine so I could be off by a bit. But back to the main point

***** respawn on stones is about 60 min**** give or take 15 min. I have done it a few times not but never really clocked the stones I just checked back in about an hour or so and they would be there.

Vy

PS For alts I would recommend just keeping them in shroud rogue form either close to Gnash or close to stones depending what you need and check when you log in and out to see if you get what you need. Waiting for the timers to reset isnt worth it.

nm

NM llol i figured it out

Last edited:
Just a few notes:

First, this walkthrough isn't perhaps the best. I lost about half a level in 73 doing this (becuase of unrez'd deaths). More than 10 deaths all told.

Here's the parts you HAVE TO KNOW.

Shroud a rogue.

/zone icefall
/tar gnash
sneak
/con... just to make sure that he's not facing you, as sneak won't work then.
/saytarget Can help
/fade

The caves aren't shown on all maps, and were a pain to find. Basically just look at your map to the dead north from succor point, and you'll see a bunch of mobs. Sneak/hide, warp to one, and start exploring. The rockpile isn't too hard to find.

Then find a safe spot to stand BEHIND some mobs

/hide off
/tar gnash
/ubertrade
Give
/hide again

and grab another stone. Repeat 4x.

For the last bit, sneak but don't hide, CON HIM FIRST, if he's indifferent, /saytarget hail, and you're done, if it's not "down"

I got my aug, wasnt easy, died 12 times even shrouded as a rogue. I gave gnash all the rocks he wants then got the last task message to go talk to him. I used the hide/run docrack and hid, then sneak, warped to gnash and BOTH my hide and run fell, which is why I died so many times.

I did this on my other 3 toons as well with the same results on each, hide and sneak failing when I warp to the caves. So I had to make a hotkey setup as such.

/tar gnash
/warp t
/keypress h
/warp s
/fade

I just used this once and it worked.....no agro, easy aug. Remember to use it only while hide/sneaking and at the LAST step of the task.

Edit: Ok did Dargs hotkey and it /fade and i didnt get to select my reward... or if it did it's not on my toon shrouded...

What the fuck, didnt give it to me and the quest was completed!

Kodilynn said:
Edit: Ok did Dargs hotkey and it /fade and i didnt get to select my reward... or if it did it's not on my toon shrouded...

What the fuck, didnt give it to me and the quest was completed!

click the eq button go to quests then rewards, get item.... do a little happy dance.
You win EQ, congrats.