Easy Ashengate 265 hp/mana cloak quest (with pics!)

Mattr33

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hi all,

I made my first post on MMOBugs which was this- [ame="http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22943&postcount=3"]easy 50aug quest with pics[/ame] and people liked it so I thought I would write up this quest, which is similar.

This is a 3 part quest that starts in Crescent Reach and only involves Crescent Reach and Ashengate. It requires no killing, you need
about 1800p and it does require you to warp so if you do it, its your risk. I've read that FD/DA classes could do it, but you'll probably suffer a few deaths.

The reward is this Cloak of the Elder Drake. Pretty nice for about 10 min worth of work.

The first quest is The Sanctity of the Scale.
Go to Crescent City and at loc 387, -919, -166 is Y'ssuria the Elder.
crescentreachoverviewmaaw2.jpg

ssuriatheeldersd4.jpg

Hail Y'ssuria and follow the text for him and get assigned the task 'Sanctity of the Scale'.

Now get to Ashengate. However you do it (port, piggyzone, whatever), just do it. I could not /zone in (would crash),
so I warped from the Direwind port in location to loc 3326, -22, 866, which is right by the ZI to Ashengate.
Once in Ashengate you need to view the scale which is way up north.
ashengateoverviewmapaj2.jpg

To get there warp to loc 1387, 68, 51 which is right on the edge of the precipice overlooking the scale.
closeupmapinashengatedc4.jpg

This is what it looks like once you are there (2 views, one north, one south). The black smudged area is were I was standing.

edgeofprecipicelookingnap8.jpg

edgeofprecipicelookingsns8.jpg

Once you warp there the first time you should get your task updated right away. I had actually warped, with lev on, the first time,
further to the north to make sure I did not get agro and I ended up getting the task updated. But by standing on that spot it should work.
Once the task is updated, high tail it back to Crescent Reach, go to Y'ssuria the Elder and hail him to complete the 1st task.

Now follow his text again and get the 2nd quest, The Agony of Uncertainty
This one requires you to go to Merchant Jhenner in Crescent Reach and buy a 'blank canvas' (137pp) and 'set of sketching tools' (500pp).
Scroll up back up to the top of this post and the map shows were Jhenner is located. And of course I've got a couple pics to help you.

Run back south of Y'ssuria the Elder and enter the tunnel that goes into Crescent Reach - The Hollow (the town area).
When you come out of the tunnel you will see this, which is an elevator.
lookingatelevatorkg6.jpg

Get on the elevator and click it to go up. Merchant Jhenner is located here more specifically.
merchantjhennermaplocnn2.jpg

Once you get off the elevator do this:
onceuptheelevatorlookingsecn2.jpg

And finally here is the famous Merchant Jhenner.
merchantjhennerdt5.jpg

If you want to save time later, buy 2 'blank canvas' (137pp ea), a 'set of sketching tools' (500pp), and 'High Quality Sketching Tools' (1025pp).
You need the high quality ones and another canvas for the 3rd and final task. (Note - As pointed by Kable, the blank canvases are lore, so you can only buy one. You will have to go back after you complete task 2)

Ok, now get back to Ashengate and warp up to the location were you viewed the scale. Once there equip your 'set of sketching tools' and right click them.
It takes 30 seconds to make your first sketch. DO NOT MOVE while you are doing this. Once complete, get back to Crescent Reach and hand over
your completed sketch to Y'ssuria the Elder to finish the quest.

To wrap this whole thing up and get your new, nifty cloak, follow Y'ssuria the Elder's text to get the final task. This one requires you to get high quality
sketching tools (the ones you bought earlier) and another blank canvas.

Head back to Ashengate, warp up to the precipice, equip your high quality sketching tools, right click and wait 3 minutes to complete your sketch.
Again, DO NOT MOVE or you will not complete the sketch.

Once you sketch is complete go back to Y'ssuria the Elder, give him your sketch, complete the task (I received 30% of an AA at 75) and get your
new cloak (have to select it as a reward option).

I would appreciate any constructive comments on how to make posts like this better. Is readability ok? Format? Images, too many, not enough? Whatever.

Matt

Last edited:
Great write up! worked well.

Just one note.

The 'Blank Canvas' is lore so you cannot purchase 2 at the same time.

I hated this quest btw... it made me cry IRL... twice (its one of those nasty faction quests)

Awesome, thanks for the info, now just to ding 71+ =P

Excellent write up mate. I've done the first 2 steps of this on my Rogue just to get a feel for it and even with SoS I got into trouble a couple of times. That warp location is worth it's weight in gold. I'll look forward to rattling this off tonight on a few of my casters.

nice

Great job, btw, how do you get the target information to show up like that? Is it a crack or plugin?

cforquer said:
Great job, btw, how do you get the target information to show up like that? Is it a crack or plugin?

Its from the mq2hud plugin. For that target information I use this code in the mq2hud.ini. Just copy and paste this into you mq2hud ini file. You might need to make some adjustments for locations, but this is all the info there.
Code:
;Target info:
;----------------
Target=3,350,150,155,52,50,~~Target~~
Tname=3,330,161,255,255,255,${If[${Target.ID},${Target.CleanName},]} 
tlvl=3,330,172,155,122,50,${If[${Target.ID},Level: ${Target.Level}   HP: ${Target.PctHPs},]}
tclass=3,330,183,155,122,50,${If[${Target.ID},Class: ${Target.Class},]}
TLoc=3,330,194,0,210,100,${If[${Target.ID},Loc: ${Target.Y}   ${Target.X}   ${Target.Z},]}
TDist=3,330,205,0,210,100,${If[${Target.ID},Distance: ${Target.Distance},]}
TDirect=3,330,216,200,150,0,${If[${Target.ID}==NULL,"",${If[${Math.Calc[((${Me.Heading.Degrees}-${Target.HeadingTo.Degrees}+375)%360)*-1]}>-30,"Straight Ahead",${If[${Math.Calc[((${Me.Heading.Degrees}-${Target.HeadingTo.Degrees}+360)%360)*-1]}>-180,"To your left","To your right"]}]}]}
LOS=3,330,227,50,255,0,${If[${Target.ID} && ${Target.LineOfSight},Target is in LoS,]}
NOLOS=3,330,227,255,30,0,${If[${Target.ID} && !${Target.LineOfSight},Target is NOT in LoS,]}
Matt

I did this a week ago, was dead on. I appreciate the time you spent on the write up. Thank you . :}

Sure it could, but it would take more time to write the macro probably than to do the quest.

Also, you would run the higher risk of getting caught by other players unless you have some type of PC detection. Esspecially in Ashengate because people tend to hang out there right at the ZI, and if people see you zone it, and then disappear, but still on /who they might get suspicious. Plus add in all the people that use MQ2, they would see you /warp to the ledge and such.

Matt

great job

i haved just finished this. the only ? i have is how do i get this clock i have tried the rewards button but i was not able to get any thing. i have a 71 necro i did get the exp and that was about it. so if anyone can help me out it would be great.

thanks

Its possible that since your toon is only level 71, the quest rewards exp, but not the actual item to prevent people like us taking advantage of the quest.

About the only thing you can do is either try to do the quest again (if you can get it from the quest giver), or petition to a GM.

Matt

Noop, I did this on my 70 Druid and it's sat in his inventory waiting for him to hit 71.

You completed every step including going back and talking to the drake guy and handing him the pictures?

Noop, I did this on my 70 Druid and it's sat in his inventory waiting for him to hit 71.

You completed every step including going back and talking to the drake guy and handing him the pictures?

I just offered my idea as a suggestion because we just had a patch it is all. SOE could of changed something about the quest is all. Probably something like you said though.

n/m I didn't read it all before I posted

Last edited: