King Odeen

Rejekted71

Reaction score
King Odeen

Royal Captain fight:

I'll add information later.

King Phase 1:

Take king to 60% and he runs off. Kill Fell, Lorekeeper, Bear-pet then Bearclaw.

King Phase 2:

Kill Royal Guardians. Kill Commander C (something). DO NOT NUKE him.

King Phase 3:

Drop King Odeen to 50%

Kite:

Teltet, Highkeeper of Crypts
Serjar, Highkeeper of Arts
Geriok, Highkeeper of War
Rentik, Highkeeper of Ages
Wigni, Highkeeper of Ritual

King Phase 4:

Be sure to have cleared most of the Southern Area during Phase 2, as the King isn't up and there is no time limit.

Take King to 35%

Kite: Everything that comes (which is the rest of the zone)

Warning: He tethers outside of the "crater" he is in. This will take him back to 70% hp.

King Phase 5:

Get through the Shield-guys alive (easier said than done). DA is HIGHLY recommend.

Take King to 14%, at which point he gives up. Hail him, go through text, get loot.

How exactly do you handle the adds during the first phase? Do they get offtanked, kited, or killed before you DPS Odeen to 60%. We have gotten Odeen to around 65% and his adds are what has done us in.

Before the last couple patchs we never had problems with Odeen escaping, now it appears if you dont haul ass to the area without agro, he escapes way to easy.

Also regular trash appears out of know where to rape the healing and dps.

King Phase 3:

Drop King Odeen to 50%

Kite:

Teltet, Highkeeper of Crypts
Serjar, Highkeeper of Arts
Geriok, Highkeeper of War
Rentik, Highkeeper of Ages
Wigni, Highkeeper of Ritual

You don't kill these guys?

If someone has done phase 3 since recent patch and you PM me with some hints or tips on this spot. We appeared to make progress last week, but this week got hit with some differences.

Once you get King odeen to 50% and you loose control of the High Lorekeepers? - anyway to reset the event? You get this far in and if you loose you have to start over?

Before patch we did not notice any link in hitpoints between the High Lorekeepers, now we do. Last night we attempted to pick off the High Lorekeepers (maybe in the wrong order?) but regardless we noticed all hitpoints dropping equally when main raid was on one mob, thus making kiting a thing of the past.

yeah.. event is stuck, lorekeepers all dead. zone clear. he's sitting there unattackable at 70% (he regenned from 50%)

I got it!!!!

Ok, at phase 3, make sure everything in the zone is dead.

When you get to the 5 Highkeeper + odeen part. You need to OT the 5 Highkeepers and Odeen. Blow each highkeeper one at a time. Then blow odeen to 49%!

Then the event continues!!!!!!

Is it a bug that the lorekeepers start hitting for 20k after getting the king to 50% or is this intentional as the event wants you to kill the lorekeepers first before bringing the king to 50%.

My guild just kited and rooted the royal guardians away from the raid while we burned down the Commander, any reason why you posted not to nuke him? I've only done this encounter during the last 2 weeks and nuking really didn't have any side effect, he does emote something about being cowardly using magic spells though.

Well got him to the 50 percent part an he regen to 70. Can't attack cant do anything. Any solutions of why?

Grats on your kill Noob.

Judging from the shear bitching I listen to over the past 2 weeks I thought you guys would be working on Odeen for another month :p

We took a break from King attempts due to release of TBS and the untimely server crashes. We plan on going back soon. I'm looking for some clarity on phase 3 - king and lorekeepers. Some are saying to burn king down to 50, then take on lorekeepers, some are saying take on lorekeepers then king. I'd like to know the correct order (which to focus on first) as we do not want to "bug" the event out by focusing on the wrong kill order. You only get once shot at this, or you have to restart the instance.

we finally beat this event yesterday we killed the lorekeepers first then the king enchanter pets ftw on this!

As far as the lorekeepers Go, I'd kill them in the following order. War, Crypts, ritual, arts, ages.
War first because he powers the rest up.
Crypts because he causes death adds when you kill LK's.
Ritual cuz he does the annoying divine arb.
Arts does the debuff/dd
and finally ages does the cureable slow.
But you have to have real solid dps to kill war through the divine arb. I'd suggest blow ALL discs on him. Odeens a joke compared to the lorekeepers.

we finally beat this event yesterday we killed the lorekeepers first then the king enchanter pets ftw on this!

Are you kidding us about the chanty pets? What mobs can u charm in there?

Jenn

anything that cons blue, but I'd go with the young wolves or w/e they don't summon.

Had some chanters charm a couple citizens.

wave one, it seems that once the bear charged into the room, 10 minutes later, the emotes started. Is there a way to delay it? or does it really not matter?
Anyhow, after clearing, a knight da'd to charge in and get attention, everyone else charges in and takes the adds to seperate corners, someone kites odeen. Kill one at a time, then odeen , then finish the bear off.
Second wave, commander and friends. No timer on it, so can clear mobs out in the zone for later if so inclined. Clear room, kill commander.
Use eyes to scout which room odeen popped in next.
Same thing, sent in a DA'd knight, tanks charged in and pulled each add to corners. Odeen and death add were kited.
That is the hardest part of the event. Pass it and the rest is easy.
Next wave odeen is outside, near the ponds. Any "citizen" in zone can become an add during the fight. Each one charging in one at a time, you can have about 20 in camp at once being kited. (unless you cleared them earlier) Kill odeen, adds don't despawn right away since they are normal mobs in the zone. But they can kill people and just reset themselves.
Finally, odeen is out on the bridge in front of the city. There are permarooted guards on each side of the bridge, Odeen in middle. If you can DA, or BDA, you can charge through them to Odeen. Then coh the rest in, or let them sit out. Keep king in middle. If you get too close to the guards on bridge, they will Fling you out over the bridge, and strip your lev.
Whittle king down to 14 and win. Guards depop. So far, no despawn timer on king once he goes quest mode, so can take the time to res up or whatever. Once you say "secrets" to him, the next part of task updates. Then just talk to Fergarin for flag.(provided you have ferg 1-3 done, and spider and udengar)