Reloading MAPs ingame

Madelyn

Retired from the Military
Reaction score
Well I zoned into the new zones and was like Damn I don't have the maps for this. So I went and downloaded the new maps..

So screwing around didn't want to restart eq just to load maps up I figured what the hell let me try something...

Did a nice simple /load map

To my utter amazement it worked. I now had the new maps loaded with out rebooting EQ. Some people may have known this but I didn't. And for those of you who did know great now more people know just from reading this..

Hmm, I wonder if that's an actual command, or if it's just reloading your UI (/load being short for /loadskin, and reloading your current UI since you don't have one called "map").

You never had to reboot eq to load maps, You would not be able to load the map you are currently in and get an updated map. You would have to zone, unzip the maps into the map directory, then zone back over to new zone. You would then have maps. Just like you cannt copy a ui_joeblow_uberserver.ini into your eq folder and have it take place. had to do with how they accessed them

Perhaps this is a new command, but you've been able to reload your UI for a while now, and that would allow you to refresh your maps if you just downloaded one for the zone you were already in.

The command just reloads your UI like it always has.

/load map
/load cupcake
/load qbertandcreamcheese

If there is no folder with the name, it just reloads the current UI, maps and all.