Remove Objects from the Landscape

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
This hack/mod will delete all objects from a given zone pre-OOW. No more damn trees or walls to slow you down. The change is temporary (meaning until you patch EQ) and the only way the change is detectable is from someone seeing you run through trees or walls but with the lag fest EQ is, nobody will notice.

This is an old trick but a good one. Here is what you do:
1. Download EQinside
2. Open any zone .s3d file (OOW & DON excluded)
3. Select objects.wld
4. Select from menu Archive>delete
5. Save zone file
6. Zone into a barren zone. (Mobs will still act like there are objects there)

You can screw up your zone files doing this but just run the patcher and it will automatically fix them. In turn, if you are following the steps above and then run the patcher, all of your work will be overwritten, so, make your mods to a zone and then back them up if you don't want to repeat work.

Last edited:
would we be able to target mobs through walls with this? (w/out /target) as in can we click on them

Rygame said:
would we be able to target mobs through walls with this? (w/out /target) as in can we click on them
I'd say you could... Because what I think this does is remove them from the game clientside. That means they aren't there client side to be in the way to target. And i'd asume targeting is clientside. :) Don't quote me on this though!

use for good.

Here's another instance where this program can be used to set straight that which went wrong. So often we can't cast because there's a 2 inch wide tree in front of a 40 ft wide enemy. Or a bump on a log which gives us the "cannot see target" message!

Tree begone!

Line of Sight is processed on the client and server, so no, you should not be able to target mobs/loot/attack etc.

Target should work. You can target mobs even while going LD. Attacking, casting spells, archery, or other LoS things will not work however.