Keeping Pet Items On Pet When You Log

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
You have a pet that's all twinked out with high lvl mage pet toys and dont want to lose it all? Well just before you camp for the night(or any lengthy period of time) just get a shroud form first. Next time you log in just remove the form and your pet will reappear with all his gear as you left him, also handy for any mage that doesn't want to have to resummon his pet and items.

Last edited:
Confirmed....left items on my pet by getting shroud in POK. Left him logged off for 24+ hours and when I went back, removed the shroud and my pet instantly appeared.

Thank You Fry!!!!

Still works....Oct 16, 2005

I hope no one ruins this for us, its very useful.

Still Working?

Anybody know if this still works? I'd save stupid money and time---I'd check now but time to sleep :eek:

yes this works, not only are the summoned weps kept on your pet his buffs are saved as well. also any norent (temporary) items in your inventory are also saved.

yes this works, not only are the summoned weps kept on your pet his buffs are saved as well. also any norent (temporary) items in your inventory are also saved.

Temporary items stayed in your inventory after logging for more than 30 min when shrouded? This must be new with the last couple patches as I tried this 2 or 3 months ago and my necro's pet kept gear but the mage gear on my necro was gone when I unshrouded from being logged for about 14 hours.

Thanks for the input---tested and confirmed----works great

Da Dork

It's not going to be nerfed. Been around for 2 yrs or more. Suspend one, shroud the other. You can afk in the guild hall overnight too but if the server crashes, you lose the pet.

It's not going to be nerfed. Been around for 2 yrs or more. Suspend one, shroud the other. You can afk in the guild hall overnight too but if the server crashes, you lose the pet.

More importantly, if the server crashes you lose BOTH pets 99% of the time. Really pissed me off the first time or two that happened, back when the servers were crashing daily.

Being around for 2 years has little to do with it getting fixed...

It shows that sony considers it a clever trick, not an exploit. This isn't just something that cheaters do, it's a well known trick used by lots of people.

It shows that sony considers it a clever trick, not an exploit. This isn't just something that cheaters do, it's a well known trick used by lots of people.

OTOH, so was green pet pulling - that got fixed. The history of EQ is rife with long-time "tricks" that were fixed/removed months or even years after they were made widely known.

petpulling

Yes Pet pulling nerf blew, but i think it had something to do with the changing of con of mobs and agro management having to do with that.

Having an uber pet on hand sweetens the pot indeed... FYI though, for casuals like me that play only every few days, veteran rewards sorta stack with shroud... Say I cast LoD just before shrouding, when I come back to hit that hot-spot, I have <30 minutes of LoD to use and a refreshed veteran timer... Simply, if I only play every other day I have almost an hour of 2x experience...

;)

Yes Pet pulling nerf blew, but i think it had something to do with the changing of con of mobs and agro management having to do with that.

The point was not that they simply pulled GPP out of a hat to fix. The point was that "well, it's been around for years, so they won't fix it" isn't a valid argument.

I don't think that this will be fixed, as it's really not that much different from the buff timers not winding down in the GL and the GH - it's just safer, since a server crash won't kill your pet. On the other hand, if they do make a change or two to the way shrouds work (say, to fix some other exploit or bug), keeping this feature will not be a high priority.

pretty sure at one point SOE said this is working as intended.

Haven't tried in a while, but if you use lesson of the devoted right before you log in the guild hall, you will also have it when you log back in. It does decay in the guild hall IF you are logged in. However, clicking it before camping for the night, allows you to use it next time you log in, AND the timer counts down for refresh whether you are in game or not.