1: Decrease Hitpoints by 11500

Shadow Eyes blind as a "roaming aura." Looking at these lines:
4: Unknown #369 (100/16/0)
from Touch of Shadows
and
2: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
3: Limit: Spell Type(Detrimental only)
from Shadow Eyes

Sum it up in my own words. 2 Golems..1 Fire Nuke will create a goo add..and drop the golem a few %...ice nuke the goo to turn it into a tiny golem..Not much HP on it..kill it. Both big golems and adds hit like fucking trucks. Can 1 round anybody in the raid without high shielding+ac. Do this to both mobs...Shade King will spawn. HAve a warrior aggro him a bit and kite him around the room. DONT DAMAGE HIM. Leaveh im at 99%...Once at 99...have people non-dmg aggro from a distance...once they get the proc spell on them..(forgot name). log off to an alt..The proc has 5 minute timer on it. Log an alt and join a channel. Only shammies+druids+warrios stay in zone. Make sure everybody is higher on hatelist than clerics. Once everybody has bane..have everybody log back in and rape him. Retarded easy. Make sure he isnt cornered on a corner wall. Burn him down.

Last edited by a moderator:
gayest strat ever btw.....but yes it works.

Funny they are fixing this. Dev's know about it and watched us the other day and are 100% gonna fix it.

We never used the cheat strat mentioned above and when you have to deal with all the add waves using only the 4 people your supposed to have with bane proc it takes a lot longer and is a damn tough event.

How its supposed to work is at 75% a counter starts I believe its 90 seconds. After that every 90 seconds 4 ice golems spawn.
I dont remember names but:
3 types IIRC
1 type = spell damage needed to kill
1 type = mellee damage needed to kill
1 type = unstable, has low hps and does a massive unresistable ae when it dies.

You should set up (pets are good for this fight) and once you get 4 people with the dot/proc keep them and 1 or 2 spares on the king. Everyone else is dealing with the adds.
King drops 1% per proc so need 100 procs.

About 3 minutes after he hits 75% you also get a rather large wave of rape giants that come from the maze area.
Get a knight or some high AE aggro type and kite them back into the maze.

Most of your raid should be dealing with golems and adds, as designed.

Just some info for when they fix this.

Funny they are fixing this.

Just some info for when they fix this.

Not "are" fixing this. This "is" fixed with this patch. I for one am pretty happy about it to.

Same here, now that "other" guild can earn their shit like we do.

Said of course on a cheaters page but still :p

Whats great is I was talking to a guy a chat with from time to time in our competitor guild just before the patch after we had a wipe from some odd ball roll of the dice where we couldnt get the last 2 procs to save our lifes and wiped.

They had King on farm for a while now and didnt even know there were adds!
Wish I could be a fly on the wall for that run.

So what is the story with the "fix" to this guy now. You can engage him up close to get him to aggro and then while kiting him proves to be difficult with the snare and blindness attempts, its still certainly doable. I kited him for a good three minutes without getting anything cast on me but the snare. Healers healing me did not get a buff, nor anyone else casting debuffs on him while he ran. Does he have to be directly tanked before the proc buff goes off? Does the person wishing to get the buff have to do a certain amount of damage to him?

Was wondering if anyone had any new or updated information on this fight or any strat or tips they would like to share.

As stated before beltron has to be killed by bane buffs that he casts on you himself. No spells or melee damage hurt him at all still. Each proc from the buff he casts on you knocks off 1% of his life. Thus 100 procs = dead Beltron.

4 Golem types add during the fight. Starting at 75% a 90 second timer starts from there out till beltron is dead. Every 90 seconds around 4 different golems will spawn.

Dense golem = casters need to kill
a gleaming golem = melee/caster kill (fire doesnt land to well)
unstable = blow up for like 12-15k dmg apon death
an_something_golem forgot exact name but its melee type to kill this.

I suggest creating 2 MA's for the raid. 1 for casters and 1 for melee's. Golems need to be killed as they spawn so you dont get over ran with them. As for the unstable golems pick a place to kite them where the rest of your raid will not be and let them blow up on their own with no one else around them.

As for Beltron himself....Pull him to the prep room. Keep absolutely no one on his agro but people like rogues/monks/warriors and pets. All necro/mage/beastlord pets. Pets can get the buff cast on them and mess up just as good as any PC can. You only have to be on agro to get the buff you dont have to keep swinging away at him to get it so there is no point building up agro on your melees if you dont have to. Get on beltron agro and go help kill golems till they get the buff once the melees get the buff have them go hit Beltron.

At some point I believe around 40% (someone else can state exact time im sure) Beltron starts calling for guards to come help him. This is where you need people to run to the pads and lock them down all at once then get back off them after you lock his guards out of his room. You can no longer just sit on the pads and lock them out you have to get on and off the pad to do so. Its not hard just need some people to cordinate that. Necros work great for it imo.

Depending on the luck of geting the bane buff put on you Beltron is really a super easy mob to kill now. Feidlif is a harder event imo.

Could someone go into some detail on the "pads" for keeping the shades locked out of the room?

wHERE IS HE ?

Im gonna take a shot in the dark here and go along with the title of the thread on this one. Im thinking FrostCrypt but not quite sure.

Frostcrypt raid instance #2 .. have to sapwn him by kiling all the skellies in corners of the maze.. one needs killed with fire, one ice, one disease, one magic iirc.

then use fellwinter to open the doors :)

At or below 10% we got almost the entire zone of giants agroing us. Is that part of this script or we just draw the unlucky straw?

Yeah Kite them they'll despawn, my guess is it has something to do with locking the pads down although i've never done that before i'm always in the first room w/ Beltron. By 10% you should have enough people with the proc to burn him down very quickly.

At or below 10% we got almost the entire zone of giants agroing us. Is that part of this script or we just draw the unlucky straw?

Sounds like your platform folks messed up. The longer the event goes on the harder it gets... so limit the people who get the buff to your highest CE people if you can help it. I always hate it when I'm sitting there waiting for it to own the shit out of beltron, only to find out all the damn clerics in the Cheal rot have it instead.

Can anyone tell me what the icy prisons do in this event?

This might not be helpful to those interested in the actual strat, but it's possible to completely ignore the event mechanics. Have the bulk of the raid waiting near the zone-in, then bring Beltron in. Get a few folks on aggro to get the bane proc, then just melee him down. Chances are you won't get any adds, though an icy prison or two may happen. Ignore them. Haven't tested this in a month or so, but a couple guilds on my server use this "strategy" successfully.

Icy prisons lock a single person up. Just destroy the cage ... or leave it up if it is a beastlord in there.