Daosheen the 1st Born - Deathknell Access

To clarify if you cure yourself with the crystals when the AE (DT because that is the only one you have to seriously worry about) then the crystals have to be reset before they can be clicked in the proper order. But, if you cure yourself with Purification or something like that (AA, Spell) then you will be fine.... otherwise at 12% and 7% if you get 1 of the standard Crystal AE's just deal with it for the little bit it takes to dispel the AE with your click teams.

so their is no detriment to trying to Dispell/Radiant Cure/Purification any of the AE's off yourself. The only detriment for curing yourself is when someone other than a Clicker tries to click shiz and fubars it for the whole raid?

and as for the normal AE's, does it go like this:

AE lands on everyone, clickers click the proper crystal(s), and everyone gets cured?

OR

Daosheen emotes, Clickers click the proper crystal(s), and if they don't (or are too slow), the AE lands?

Everyone gets hit with AE clickers click and every is cured.

For cures Purification worked RC3 didn't and yes as long as you don't click the crystals to cure then your fine. So like I said that it is only a real concern in that last 12% when you are about to experience the DT's otherwise you can click as you need safely.

My guild has tried this a couple times and we were able to cure the AE mezz and Charm 1/2 the time but couldnt figure out why only 1/2 the time. Now it makes perfect sence that the crystals have an ORDER they need to be clicked. We were just clicking the two crystals at the same time. Knowing this.. can somebody please tell me the order in which you need to click the crystals to cure the DT ?

Aura of Stone - Mez - Red->Blue - "Daosheen calls upon the elemental forces to contain his enemies"
Runes of Alliance - Charm - Yellow->Green - "Allegiances shift as Daosheen speaks a cryptic phrase"
Doom of the Firstborn -DT - Red->Yellow->Blue->Green - "Your life begins to drain away"

We always set up a FD click team with a channel. Make a social key saying "/3 BLUE is clicked" and click it right after your turn to click the crystal every time. Other than that it is stay FD for most of the fight. 1-2 minutes (it's timed haven't timed it yet though) between efffects. It is always either the mez or the charm. If you set up audios right then the raid shouldn't have an effect on them for more than a second.

Success on mez or charm= A bolt of light arcs between the crystals yada yada yada

Success on DT:
The red crystal begins to glow.
The yellow crystal begins to glow.
The blue crystal begins to glow.
A blinding flash yada yada yada.

I can maybe post full complete writeup after it gets completely ironed out. We've killed him several times.....but it is just getting to farm status so not all ironed out yet.

ok, we finally got around to trying this fight out, took a lot of time to get emote prepared, but.....

when we engaged, absolutely no one saw the emotes mentioned. basically this is what happened:

We engage
No emotes, lots of people get AE'd w/ Plague of Mana
No visible emotes
No visible emotes
No visible emotes
Some people die, nobody clicks anything cause we haven't seen any emotes.
Finally I tell green crystal to click, so he does.
I noticed I got cured, but other people say they still have it on them.
More AE's go off, still no emotes.
etc..etc..etc.

I am a bit confused about whether or not we are supposed to be seeing an emote or not. If not, we are going to alter our strategy to have the raid members (when an AE lands on them), tell /rsay what AE they have, so it can be relayed to clickers. Does this sound right, because all the strats listed above say otherwise.

AE's
Smothering Dismay - Snare/Slow - Blue Crystal - You lose your will to fight.
Curse of the Firstborn - Stat Reduction - Yellow Crystal - A festering darkness saps your strength.
Presence of the Firstborn - Silence - Red Crystal - You are dumbstruck by the presence of the firstborn.
Plague of Mana - 3k Dot - Green Crystal - Your blood is tainted with magical essence.

Mez/Charm AE
Aura of Stone (MEZ) - Red crystal then Blue crystal - Daosheen calls upon the elemental forces to contain his enemies

Runes of Alliance (Charm) Yellow crystal then Green crystal - Allegiances shift as Daosheen speaks a cryptic phrase

DT DoT AE
Doom of the Firstborn - All 4 Crystals (Red then Yellow then Blue then Green) - Your life begins to drain away

Mezz/Charm?DT will show up in the window where you send Other.

The individual ones are like spells cast on you and show up in battle spam basically. Individual ones are cured by the effected individual.

Good strategy for healers, casters, and ranged DPS is to post up between red and green crystals on the platform. Can reach center from there and you are close to the important DoT curing and Silence crystals.

OK, so...

the 4 individual AE's need to be cured by EACH PERSON individually?

the 2 AE Charm/Mez AE's need to be mass cured by 4 assigned clickers?

the DT DoT needs to be mass cured by the 4 assigned clickers?

Well, after reading this forum we were able to take Daosheen down. What worked well for us is we had 2 people 2 boxing FD classes. Each person was able to cure the AE Mezz or Charm on their own since they were two boxin. This also made it that much easier to cure the DT when it hit since only 2 people in the combination. We strugged with people following instructions so to ensure the win at 12% we just had everybody stop clicking to make certain we could cure the DT. We lost a couple to the mana dot but thats ok.. I called full burn at 12% and he was dead quickly after that so no biggy.

Question....

Does everyone in the guild need Daosheen to progress on towards Deathknell or is this a raid that just unlocks the next step?

Question....

Does everyone in the guild need Daosheen to progress on towards Deathknell or is this a raid that just unlocks the next step?
Each person needs the Dao character flag to be fully keyed. Without it you will need to be gimped into DK.

Only 15% of the raid can be virts so at least 85% of the guild needs it.

Just as some additional information, the Mez and Charm AE's are timed at 1 minute and 15 seconds. So every 1:15 the AE's go off.