Vergalid Mines: Vergalid's End

It is bugged. I hear FC raid is also bugged. Verg being down is a HUGE cockblock on progression as you need the kill to zone into AG raid. We killed him once so far and need a few more before we can really start AG.

yikes

That would suck... having the nurtha mechs repop lol.

How do you activate vergalid? It wasnt letting us attack him

First tell us how you beat the first event:)

JK, you have to bring enough people close enugh to his ring of crystals and they will drop and he comes active.

K
Only posting this because I've gotten some other good info off this site. Thought I'd give back.

Nurtha:
Rat is pretty simple, but with adds.
Gnome is a straight up fight. But, he also ae mes's, which also can mes himself, sometimes clearing his agro.
Spider, mt on him, range dps. If anyone is too close, they will get hit with max damage rampage for quad 7k's . When it drops agro and stops, it drops a chest, MT needs to agro and pull him away so rogues can get to the chests asap or 6-10 baby spiders pop out.

Giant:
Room pops full of adds, grab them and pull out to hall. During that, more will pop and charge the raid. Then more. Then more. All are undead.
Once all clear, move in to the giant. Watch out for respawns in rear.
Don't remember a lot about the giant but one major thing. He has an ae that lands, and counts down. Not a large range. When it stops, it deals like 10k damage, and heals him. For each person AND PET it lands on. Swarm pets, means swarm healing for him. If you can range dps, do it.

Vergalid:
You don't "have" to clear the entire way down. You can float to a ledge or two below, but it is dangerous and could cause a train. And if you miss the ledge, and fall into the expanse, you die.

Bring raid close to open his prison, and the crystals start to drop and release him.
He max hits for 7033 I think. Good ac and shielding, and its only 5-6k. Flurries, single target rampage, "and" ae rampages.
He casts 2 ae's.
One, gives the emote "begins to hatch on your skin" (or close to that) . If not cured, an add spawns on your. 2k hitter, non mes'able.
Other, emotes "you feel yourself being exiled". If not cured, ports you back up to the top over the center of the pit.
To cure them, run to a crystal. Break it and stand in the aura. I think it only works for about 4 or 5 people at a time. If you aren't cured right away, look for another.
Try to leave some near tank and healers so they don't have to go far.

For those that get exiled, hope they sitll have lev on. Look around for a clear ledge or the tunnel to float over to. It's better to have cleared, so they don't bring adds on the way back. Or, have them float immediately to a safe ledge and call for a coh back.

hmm

Im sure I saw another ae, roar of insanity? Hp/mana/end drain... and stun.

nasty.

Go read the eqlive forums. That roar is an 18 sec stun with a 1500 mana drain that can be casted every 15 sec. They changed every event in the zone after the patch and this is the worste by far. We had beaten verg once before the patch, now he is rapin up with that stun that came out of nowhere.

heh not only mana, endurance...and hp wheeeeeee

Zajeer wrote:

Ok, good times indeed. I've sifted through the scripting for the Vergalid raid and here is what I think happened (Note: I didn't design or implement this raid, so I wasn't sure how the mechanics worked) -

1) Originally in beta, and up until after launch, Vergalid had a 18-24 second Fear + damage + mana/end drain spell. The recast on that was 140 seconds.

2) Some time after beta (10-30-06 or so), the spell was changed from a Fear to an 18 second duration Stun. This was due to the fact that fear was somehow bugging some people and porting them to the zone in. The recast on the spell was removed. The recast for the stun was moved to a different timer, the one that controls which random spell or aura is cast (which occurs every 20 seconds). There are 3 other spells on this timer, so your chance of getting stunned(or feared) went from once every 140 seconds to once every 80 seconds on average. Not only that, but you are subject to multiple occurances of stuns if you get a bad random and the random spell is the stun again.

Something to note: Apparently, when the fear was changed into a stun, that neither the fear nor the stun spell were being cast by Vergalid. This was broken for a couple of months. If I was aware of this, I would have had this fixed earlier, but I just found out today while asking folks about the event.

3) At some point in the past, the 20 second timer between casting random spells was changed to 15 seconds. When I had the data for the Nurtha raid pushed, this data for the Vergalid dragon was also pushed. Our data is all stored per zone, so any changes that happen to one specific thing in the zone which needs updating also updates any other changes in the zone as well.

With all that being said, how is this event going to change? I've decided that an 18 second AOE stun that's hard to resist, regardless of the recast time, is unacceptable. So I'm having the stun changed from an 18 second stun, to a 6 second stun. I'm also reducing the mana/end sieve from 500/tick (at 3.5 ticks) to an instant 1000 mana/end drain. The timer for the random spell occurance will be reverted back from 15 seconds to 20 seconds. So, you'll still be stunned every 80 seconds on average, but only for 6 seconds. If for some reason you get an unlucky roll and get 2-3 stuns in a row, at least now you'll have a 14 second window to recover (20 second recast - 6 second duration). This is much better than how it is now, where a consecutive stun perma-locks you until the dragon chooses to not cast the stun again.

These changes will be going Live with our next full patch. I apologize to the guilds for the hardships they are facing now with the Vergalid raid.

Was wondering if anyone has done this event since it has been changed and if they would share any hints/tips. Thanks.

We are finding it difficult to cure both the exile and hate AEs on Verg event. Cannot figure out just yet 1) what is the range on the crystals and 2) do the crystals cure both or just 1 of the AEs. If both, you run out of crystals fast it seems, since they repop every 2 mins.

Any new tips for this event?

This event has been changed by sony since the first notes here were published. I was wondering if anyone has won this since the changes and if they can give us some hints/tips as we'd like to start focusing on this one soon.

/bump. Any new insights on this? Any help would be appreciated.

My guild has been doing this guy past couple days. He doesn't seem to AE that much or AE ramp that much but damned if it don't hurt. Crystals spawn much much faster within a few seconds. Ramp seems random got 2 on 1 attempt 3 on another an none on the latest but he AE stuned back to back so many times all our tanks got droped within the first min.

I was told he also takes damage when you get the AE cured Via crystals as opposed to RC lines much like cureing on Vish damages him but I haven't confirmed yet. So far only got him to 48% =-/.

Crystals are good to cure 6 people we had all our clerics at a specified crystal and had one of them dedicated to breaking them for cures. Also had him tanked near one of the crystals to cure tanks as well.

Pin him sideways a la Vish style =) AE ramp be gone....have tank shield tank and go to town.

My guild doing him tonight (again) and read that strat from TSW hopefully we get him down useing it.:cool:

Anyone have more info on this? We seem to be having a lot of problems.

A few questions if someone will help.

Where are people killing him at?

in the middle of the crystals?

on the back wall?

somewhere else?​

Also the rings up top seem to be clickable, but I haven't been able to get up there during the event to try them out. Do they help / hurt anything?

What cures the 2 dots besides the crystals?

Is there anywhere the clr's can go to avoid the stun?

We tried fighting him by the back wall behind were he spawned there's a crystal that is right be hind where he is sleeping when you walk into his chamber. Putting him up on the wall seemed to kill his ramp yay! Good part about this is tanks were easily cured bad part Clerics were not since the next avaliable crystal is a bit of a distance and breaking the spam chain to run for a cure can pretty much drop a tank or 2 pretty quickly. RC lines cure the 2 AE's.

I was personaly thinking to set up a group with at least 2 other RCers in groups with clerics to keep them clear of AE's since nobody but the tanks should be takeing damage if everone else is getting cured as they should IE Cleric Shaman Pally or Cleric Shamn Druid. Also Shaman's can use a TBS spell to completly shield their groups aginst 1 Curroption based attack during the fight can only do it once every rest interval so no recast in the middle of a fight.

Cureing Via Crystals supposedly does 1% damage to him much like cureing via mournfuls does on Vish fight but I have yet to confirm it. So if you use a structure like that you could lose potential cure dps if thats true to gain a more constant heal chain which tanks will badly need.

Even going in with Defencive and a Shield Equiped Full Shiled Block AA's all Def AA's max Avoidane/Shielding roughly 20.2k hps 3.8K AC I got smoked pretty damned fast we're talkin a couple seconds kinda fast.

As far as the Stun I don't think You can avoid it Stun Resists and Persistant Casting helps.

P.S. We haven't droped him yet but then again we didn't relize the cure problem the healers would have untill it was to late on last attempt as well.